Looking for a New Years Resolution? Be more environmentally friendly! Not only will it help the environment, but it will generally help you live a healthier lifestyle as well!
1. Try to incorporate more fruits and vegetables into your diet, and less meat, especially red meat! If you do buy meat, buy it locally!
2. Save money – stop buying water bottles! Did you know there are over 170 water bottle refill stations on campus? Also take advantage of the Mug Project!
3. Drive less. Walk, bike, or take public transportation. The T is a free campus shuttle, and the KAT bus goes all around Knoxville. Additionally, there is a free trolley that goes from campus to downtown.
4. See if you can be zero waste, remember: refuse, reduce, reuse, recycle.
5. Make your laundry sustainable. Wash your clothes in cold water and use a drying rack. Only do large loads, rather than multiple smaller loads.