Help us reach our goal of making UT a Zero Waste institution by making your organization’s event Zero Waste!
Making your event Zero Waste reduces its negative impacts on the environment by diverting at least 90% of its waste from the landfill and signifies to event guests that your group or organization is committed to the principles of sustainability. It requires some extra planning, but our checklist will help guide you in your communications with the caterer and ensure the event runs as smoothly as possible, all while succeeding in its goals of Zero Waste.
Please fill out the form below to request bins for your event (even if you’ve already chosen a Zero Waste option in CaterTrax and Ad Astra)!
Items to Use:
- Reusable or Compostable Utensils
- Reusable or Compostable Plates
- Reusable or Compostable cups for hot beverages (coffee, hot chocolate, etc.)
- Reusable, compostable, or plastic recyclable cups for cold beverages
- Bulk packaging for items like water, tea, sugar, condiments, butter, dressing, etc.
Items to Avoid:
- Plastic bags/wrapping
- If this cannot be avoided and there will be a lot of it, let us know and we can bring a specific bin to recycle the material. It cannot be placed with mixed recycling!
- Paper cups (these have a plastic lining that can be neither recycled nor composted)
- Aluminum Foil
- Foil-lined bags (candy wrappers/chip bags)